Labeling things in extreme such as success or failure, take away the perspective from a beautiful dimension; the journey itself. There is always a struggle hidden in every success and a lesson in every failure. Our strengths and weaknesses are two sides of the same coin. Ignoring the process in the blindness of the result will leave us ungrateful and emotionally drained.
Happiness is the natural state of mind, and unhappiness is a learned one. Sad but true, that we are continually finding ways to be unhappy by bidding our emotions on the extremes. Every day, we are adopting new definitions of perfection in our lives, showing our discontent towards the current situation. Our unreasonable expectations from life are leading us to a path away from our self. What happened to the idea of celebrating each achievement independently? How about detaching your mind from ‘all or nothing’ mentality and celebrate life.
Life is not about having a perfect moment; it is a series of imperfect moments flowing towards the infinity.
The comparison with the others is on rising with social media. We are looking for comfort food for our egos. It’s not fair to close your eyes towards the present and dream about the future. Believing in the extremes is a mindset now, and therefore, we are becoming acceptable to the polarization of our attitudes and beliefs. Think about any recent political and religious question; don’t you already have a partial answer framed for it? Our polarized opinions are creating walls around us, making it difficult to communicate and connect with others. Letting go of the extremes is the only way you can embrace the diversity of mind. Everybody has positive and negative energies against them and within them.
Open your mind and accept both sides of your essence; light and darkness, sun and moon, wind and fire.
Latest posts by J Gill (see all)
- To create heaven on the earth, we need to encourage and empower people around us. - July 9, 2020
- Silence will serve us with peace as a dessert. But first we need to be open and receive whatever she has to offer. Let’s not run away from the Silence. - July 8, 2020
- Keep planting love and kindness, and it will reach wherever it is ought to reach. - July 7, 2020
- Love is the catalyst for personal growth. - July 5, 2020
- Recently I have learned that, expecting others to see things in the way you see them is a form of ignorance. - July 3, 2020