Getting charmed by the numbers in the form of material or people is normal behavior. It takes a mindful thought to shift perspective, “Don’t be quantitative.” It is about quality, not quantity. One cannot accumulate life and measure it in quantity. Happiness cannot be measured; neither love nor sadness. There are no boundaries except the ones we have in our minds. Following the path of quantity, one will only meet the discontentment in the end. Even in the spiritual journey, meditation is no milestone that one can keep collecting. Meditation is a way of being: the way we are.
Being happy does not take much. In the way of our happiness, there stands our ego. Ego is nothing but darkness. It’s our ego that shifts our focus from quality to quantity. If we observe the things in life that give us happiness, we will know how less dependent we are on quantity.
Greatness in life belongs to those who focus on the excellence of their being.
Latest posts by J Gill (see all)
- To create heaven on the earth, we need to encourage and empower people around us. - July 9, 2020
- Silence will serve us with peace as a dessert. But first we need to be open and receive whatever she has to offer. Let’s not run away from the Silence. - July 8, 2020
- Keep planting love and kindness, and it will reach wherever it is ought to reach. - July 7, 2020
- Love is the catalyst for personal growth. - July 5, 2020
- Recently I have learned that, expecting others to see things in the way you see them is a form of ignorance. - July 3, 2020