This story is an ancient Zen story which I would like to share with you beautiful readers. It is a story that we can relate to if we are on the path of developing mind awareness.
After ten years of hard-work, Tenno became a Zen teacher. One day, he went to visit the famous master Nanin. It was raining heavily that day. When he went in, the master asked him a simple question, “Tenno, did you leave your umbrella and shoes outside on the porch?”
Tenno replied, “Yes, Master”
And the master continued, “Tell me Tenno, did you place your umbrella to the left of your shoe or to the right?”
Tenno could not recall. At that moment when Tenno did not know the answer, he realized that he had not attained full mind awareness yet. Therefore, he decided to become Nan-in’s student and studied under him for ten more years.
Latest posts by Jasz Gill (see all)
- It all comes down to the narrative we tell ourselves - January 19, 2019
- Plant What You Would Like To Harvest - September 24, 2018
- Curiosity | Conversation | Connectivity - August 1, 2018
- Practice Freedom - July 19, 2018
- Why Your Days Look And Feel The Same? - May 2, 2018