While you are looking at the mirror, the mirror is looking at you.
What you see in the mirror is not only a reflection of your physical self but also your state of mind. Often you are watching the mirror with the intention of finding faults and with a hope of not having any. When your entire focus is to find flaws how can you see your beauty?
Nobody really knows what they look like. The mirror shows you only what you want to see. Terry Wogan
A mirror is not an oracle which can predict what kind of person you are based on how you look! There is no reason to fret about the mirror. It is merely a reflection, not your entity. Mirrors are unbiased; they do not judge you. Unfortunately, you are the one who is making those judgments.
Have you noticed when little babies look in the mirror? They look at their reflection with curiosity and enthusiasm. Small children are charmed by their reflection. When they start growing up, their relationship with the mirror starts changing. Their idea of beauty begins to change due to conditioning, but the mirror is still the same. All of sudden, the charm of reflection is gone and monotony sets in. Every child accepts itself entirely without condemnation. Those prejudices about the outer beauty in your mind are not natural. You need to lose those labels in the same way you have gathered them. Gather courage to come back to yourself.
You have started using a piece of glass to construct false realities around you. You are allowing your mind to compare you with someone else. The comparative mind will never bring you peace. Accept yourself and your reflection.
Who were you before someone else told you about it?
Making mirror your accomplice is not a difficult process. When you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, here are the three things you should notice first –
- Your Eyes – Your eyes are the doorway to your soul. At any given point, your eyes should be full of joy and passion. Look into your eyes.
- Your Breathing – Be aware of your breathing. Feel the blessing in each breath we call it life. Take few deep breaths and notice yourself.
- Your Smile – Smile at the mirror and day will brighten up. You deserve your smile celebrating your existence.
The way you look in the mirror can change the way you live your life. When you are standing in front of a mirror, look at yourself with an eye of a lover. Admire your being; Accept yourself and embrace your reflection. The world and your reality are like mirrors and you control the reflection. It is all about how you face the mirror; and the life.
And if you are still in the process of manifesting trust within yourself, this post can guide you – Manifest Trust
Love and Sunshine. Keep Feeling Buddhaful!
Latest posts by Jasz Gill (see all)
- It Is Not About The Quantity But The Quality In Life! - November 8, 2017
- Are you swinging between the extremes of ‘All or Nothing’ ? - October 5, 2017
- Flow of Life And Mess We Make Out of It - August 9, 2017
- Get Over The Fear Of Being Judged By Others! - July 7, 2017
- How To Convert Your Breakdown into a Breakthrough! - May 28, 2017