We hear this often ‘Life is short.’ True story, but miserably, we use this proverb according to our convenience, e.g., partying or enjoying a dessert. How about remembering this quote when we are holding a grudge or keep piling on lies and deceits in our minds? If life is too short, it is quick to hate and live under shadows… Isn’t it?
Life goes by so fast, and before we comprehend something entirely, things around us change. Sandcastles on the beach might have a chance of stability, but life does not. This, my friend, is the beauty of life! Who needs one color when you can go for a rainbow?!
My life has never been simple (just like yours). There was a time when the instability will create chaos in my mind leading to a mess of thoughts and a clutter of emotions. Does that happen now? Hmm, not so often! The question is, how do you let go of control and go with the flow?
It is simple; I remind myself that I am the flow.
We are not meant to live a caged, comfortable life with no challenges. Therefore, we can continue to embrace the uncertainty and make the most out of it. Associating word change to a list of positive words. The ‘change’ involves evolution, revolution, innovation, rebirth, growth, and progress.
“Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead, let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?” ― Jalaluddin Rumi
Keep an open mind, and do not seek comforts. Seek an open sky and let your thoughts spread wings. There is a bit of old advice that Indian parents and grandparents teach their next generations,
“If things happen according to your will, it’s good. But if things do not happen according to your will, then it’s even better.”
Don’t fight with the flow. Be the Flow.
Latest posts by J Gill (see all)
- To create heaven on the earth, we need to encourage and empower people around us. - July 9, 2020
- Silence will serve us with peace as a dessert. But first we need to be open and receive whatever she has to offer. Let’s not run away from the Silence. - July 8, 2020
- Keep planting love and kindness, and it will reach wherever it is ought to reach. - July 7, 2020
- Love is the catalyst for personal growth. - July 5, 2020
- Recently I have learned that, expecting others to see things in the way you see them is a form of ignorance. - July 3, 2020